Careers in Psychology
Barwon Health Psychology provides high-quality, evidence-based services across the lifespan, with services across the primary, secondary and tertiary service systems. Our psychologists work across a variety of multi-disciplinary programs and are across various directorates, programs and teams, offering their services in diverse settings. You will find our psychologists in:
- Mental Health/Psychiatry, in CAMHS, Youth MH, Adult and Aged Psychiatry Services and as part of our specialist Therapies Team.
- Rehabilitation – both in the community and inpatient settings including our specialist Pediatric Rehab Services.
- Memory Clinic
- Community Health
- Family Services
- School Readiness
- Oncology and Pain Outpatient services
- Palliative Care
- Complex/Connected Care programs.
Barwon Health provide opportunities for registered and endorsed psychologists, with neuro, clinical, forensic, health, counselling, and education and developmental psychologists all being part of our workforce. We provide a variety of assessments and interventions – including comprehensive cognitive and behavioural assessments, mental health and formalised capacity assessment and a range of therapeutic interventions including psychoeducational, cognitive rehabilitation and therapy. The therapeutic modalities we use include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT),
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT),
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT),
- Eye Movement and Desentization Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR),
- Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT),
- Family Based Therapy (FBT), and
- Cognitive Analytical Therapy (CAT)
Our department is made up of a diverse range of specialised staff and clinicians who all work together to promote positive, respectful relationships and strong working partnerships. At the core of everything we do are our driving values: Respect, Compassion, Commitment, Accountability and Innovation, which guide us in delivering the best possible care to our patients.
Joining our team at Barwon Health provides you with a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a group of friendly and social staff who are dedicated to providing the highest quality, patient-centered care. We provide career opportunities across the career spectrum – with programs for our new and early career psychologists, and multiple opportunities for more experienced staff. We host over 2000 student placement days, and enjoy training and guiding our new colleagues.
If you're looking for a supportive and rewarding environment where you can make a real difference in people's lives, join our team.
Last Modified: Monday, 18 September 2023
Call: 0428 679 713
Email: [email protected]
University Hospital Geelong
Address: Allied Health Reception (level 2)Bellerine St, Geelong 3220
Contact Hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Phone: (03) 4215 0826
Address: 45-95 Ballarat Road, North Geelong
Contact Hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Community Health Phycology services are availa-ble at:
- Newcomb Community Health Centre
- Corio Community Health Centre