GP Liaison Unit
Barwon Health's GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) works to strengthen the collaboration and communication between Barwon Health and GPs and primary care professionals.
Activities we undertake to support this integration include:
- Support and advice for development and implementation of HealthPathways for patient management and referral
- Quality improvement initiatives to enhance effective, timely and safe clinical handover from hospital to primary care
- Creation of outpatient and specialist clinic GP referral templates
- Providing opportunities for primary care input into service clinical pathway development, including through the Barwon Health Primary Care Advisory Committee
- Facilitation of networking and educational opportunities, in conjunction with Western Victoria Primary Health Network
Through the dedicated GPLU Helpdesk, we are also available to assist with:
- Navigation of correct service referral pathways
- Follow-up of outstanding or incorrectly received patient documentation
- Support and escalation for clinical concerns or feedback
- Support for electronic secure messaging
Barwon Health Service and Referral Guide
Last updated: 29 January 2024
This document has been compiled by the GP Liaison Unit for General Practices, with the intent to provide a quick navigation guide to Barwon Health services.
It best utilised in a digital format, but can be downloaded and saved or printed at your practice as required.
Download the service and referral guide.
Please note the date of currency of this guide, as information will be updated as required.
📣 💬 📋
GP Notice Board
For the most up-to-date referral pathways and criteria for all Barwon Health clinical services, please refer to the West Vic Health Pathways portal.
Read the latest GP Link newsletter here - February 2024
Last Modified: Thursday, 15 February 2024
Dr Jeff Urquhart, GP Liaison Consultant
Dominic Roussety, Program Manager
9am– 4pm Monday to Friday
Ph: (03) 4215 8845
Mobile: 0481 463 919
Fax: (03) 4215 0453
Level 1, St Mary's Hall, 190-192 Myers Street, Geelong