Careers in Physiotherapy
The Barwon Health Physiotherapy Department provides services to the Geelong region in a range of clinical settings. We are a large department with a focus on achieving optimal patient outcomes through positive teamwork, staff development and best practice.
Physiotherapists work in a wide range of areas, including acute and sub-acute (rehabilitation) inpatient wards, community rehabilitation and community health centres, specialist outpatient clinics, emergency departments, urgent care centres and advanced practice roles.
Benefits of working as a physiotherapist at Barwon Health:
- Specialised professional development
- Supportive workplace
- Expert senior clinicians
- Engage in research
- Multi-disciplinary team
- Project work
At Barwon Health, we understand that the key to providing exceptional patient care is a highly skilled and supported team. We have established a supportive supervision structure with experienced senior clinicians, ensuring you'll have all the guidance and support you need to succeed.
We also offer an extensive professional development program that ensures you will have access to a rich and rewarding learning environment. With these resources at your fingertips, you will have all the tools you need to thrive and grow in your role.
As a valued member of our team, you will be responsible for providing high-quality physiotherapy care from assessment through to discharge. Working within a multidisciplinary team setting, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other talented professionals, all united by a common goal: providing the best possible care to our patients.
Join us today and discover the fulfilling, supportive, and exciting work environment you've been searching for.
Lisa - Physiotherapist
Rupert - Physiotherapist
Benefits of the Grade 1 physiotherapy rotation program at Barwon Health:
- Four-month rotations
- Rotation allocations based on preferences
- 15 rotation options across acute, rehab/subacute and community with a mix of inpatient and outpatient rotations
- Direct clinical supervisor
- Career opportunities include interesting senior roles
- New graduates start on higher pay classification than metropolitan hospitals (approx. $3500 extra)
- Modern, purpose-built facilities including physiotherapy gyms, wards and a hydrotherapy pool
- Young, vibrant, close-knit allied health department
- Fun department with lots of social activities
- Great lifestyle. You could live five mins from the beach and 30 mins from work.
- An hour from Melbourne CBD.
Last Modified: Monday, 11 September 2023
Call: (03) 4215 0844
Email: [email protected]
University Hospital Geelong
Address: Allied Health, Level 2, Bellerine St, Geelong 3220
Contact Hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Phone: (03) 4215 0826
Address: 45-95 Ballarat Road, North Geelong
Contact Hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Phone: (03) 4215 5511