Barwon Health is one of the largest and most comprehensive regional health services in Australia, employing over 9,000 people across all disciplines. Currently, Barwon Health employs approximately 65 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff across the areas of Medicine, Mental Health, Community Health, Surgical and Critical Care and Corporate Services and across six different sites.
Working at Barwon Health
There is a dedicated Aboriginal Health Unit based at University Hospital Geelong. The staff within the Unit provide cultural support and advocate for Aboriginal health in all its forms.
Barwon Health employee benefits include:
- Supportive Aboriginal Health Unit
- Cultural/ceremonial leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness programs
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Doorstep to Wurdi Youang, Moorabool River and Bells Beach
Barwon Health is committed to strengthening services for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community in the Greater Geelong area and promoting acknowledgement, understanding and respect of local Aboriginal culture.
It is acknowledged that the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community possess unique skills and knowledge and when an organisation makes a conscious effort to ensure their voices are heard a strong leadership team can develop.
Aboriginal Workforce Officer
Bec is available to:
- Have a yarn prior chat with prior to putting in an application
- Sit on interview panels with First Nations applicants
- Assist with pre-commencement documentation
- Pre-first day orientation (so that new employees have the confidence to navigate their first day)
If you are a local Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander job seeker, it would be worth getting in touch so Bec can assist in matching your skill set and passions with a role here at Barwon Health.
Last Modified: Monday, 04 September 2023