Disability Liaison Office
Barwon Health has a dedicated Disability Liaison Officer (DLO) team.
Barwon Health DLOs are a multi-disciplinary team that supports people with disability, their families, and carers to access services at Barwon Health.
The service has a strong focus on identifying and addressing barriers people with disability experience in accessing health services. This includes access to COVID-19 testing and vaccination, and supporting people with disability during their patient journey across outpatients, acute and post-acute care, and community services.
What we do
- Support all people with disability, their families, and carers to access health services at Barwon Health and other services within the Barwon South West region.
- Provide people with disability, their families, and carers access to vaccinations.
- Develop a Health Passport that contains key information in providing person-centred care.
- Develop an ‘About Me’ to help guide your stay with us.
- Work with the healthcare team to ensure safer, accessible, and more inclusive care during hospital stays and when attending outpatient clinic appointments.
- Help find answers to any general questions.
Coming to outpatients appointments at Barwon Health
Further inquiries and referrals
We are a free service, and anyone can make a referral to our service.
Phone: 0434 856 014
Monday - Friday, 8am to 4:30pm
Last Modified: Thursday, 21 December 2023